Downloading the JEDI Models
Upon acceptance of a required User Agreement, the JEDI models are available to download. We do not share or make available any user information.
Using MS Excel 2007
To download the JEDI model, click on the Excel link below. This will open a new window. Just below the toolbar, click the "Options" button. Choose "Enable Content," and then click the JEDI Start button.
Select from below to download a model:
JEDI Wind Energy Models
- JEDI Land-based Wind Model rel. W3.24.14. (Excel 390 KB)
- JEDI Offshore Wind Model rel. OSW03.24.14. (Excel 3.5 MB)
JEDI Biofuels Models
- JEDI Biopower Model rel. B3.24.14. (Excel 418 KB)
- JEDI Cellulosic Model rel. C3.24.14. (Excel 426 KB)
- JEDI Corn Ethanol Model rel. CE3.24.14. (Excel 419 KB)
JEDI Solar Models
- JEDI CSP Trough Model rel. CSP3.24.14. (Excel 412 KB)
- JEDI Project PV Model rel PV3.24.14. (Excel 530 KB)
- JEDI Scenario PV Model rel. PVS3.24.14. (Excel 9.2 MB)
JEDI Natural Gas Model
- JEDI NGas Model rel. NG3.24.14. (Excel 345 KB)
JEDI Coal Model
- JEDI Coal Model rel. C3.24.14. (Excel 350 KB)
JEDI Hydroelectric Power Models
- JEDI Conventional Hydro Model rel.CH3.24.14. (Excel 447 KB)
- JEDI Marine Hydro Model rel.MH3.24.14. (Excel 410 KB)
JEDI Geothermal Model
- JEDI Geothermal Model rel. GT3.24.14. (Excel 1.0 MB)
JEDI Petroleum Model
- JEDI Petroleum Model rel. P3.24.14. (Excel 4.2 MB)
JEDI Transmission Line Model
- JEDI Transmission Line Model rel. TL3.24.14. (Excel 481 KB)
- JEDI Geothermal User Reference Guide
- JEDI Marine and Hydrokinetic Model User Reference Guide
- JEDI Offshore Wind User Reference Guide
- Transmission Line Jobs and Economic Development Impact (JEDI) Model User Reference Guide
Using Web-Based JEDI PV
In addition to the benefits of utilizing the JEDI PV spreadsheet model, the online version allows a user to take the model into a more collaborative setting where model runs can be saved and shared with others in a fast and simple manner. The online JEDI PV model provides a simplified user experience that is easy to navigate and understand, with access to model runs on any internet-enabled computer.
If you have questions, please contact JEDISupport@nrel.gov.
NOTES: The content of this site changes frequently. If you are having trouble with a download, empty your browser cache and try again.
Macros must to be enabled in MS Excel for JEDI to operate correctly.
MS Excel 2007 users: Please make sure that the security setting on your computer is not set to "High." Set the level to "Medium" or "Low" and then re-open the JEDI worksheet. You can reset to a higher level when you have finished using the JEDI model.