"Understanding State and Regional Electricity Markets: Analytic Issues for Efficiency
and Renewable Energy"
The following presentations were given at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory's fourth Energy Analysis Forum in Golden, Colorado, on November 9-10, 2004.
Some of the following documents are available as Adobe Acrobat PDFs. Download Adobe Reader
Session I - Introduction
Session II - Development of state and regional electricity markets for renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies
Session II.A - Market issues
Session II.B - Financial issues
Session II.C - Policy issues
Session introduction - (PPT 452 KB) - Roya Stanley, NREL, chair
- "Key Issues in Developing Policy for RE and EE - A Legislator's Perspective" - Matthew Brown, National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL)
- "Key Issues for Developing RE and EE - The Regulators' Perspective" - (PPT 300 KB) - Rick Weston, Regulatory Assistance
- "Developing a Regional Energy Planning Framework for the Northeast States" - (PPT 1 MB) - Gary Kleiman, Northeast States for Coordinated Air Use Management (NESCAUM)
- "Challenges in Reaching the Western Governors' Association Goal for Renewable Energy" - (PPT 1 MB) - Doug Larson, Western Interstate Energy Board (WIEB)
Session II.D - Technology issues
Session II.E - Summary of issues for the state and regional electricity markets and discussion of analytical framework.
Session III - Improving Our Understanding - what additional data, information, and analysis is needed?
- What's the strategy for developing it?
- How do we better communicate the understanding we have?
- Does what we've discussed have any program or policy implications?
(These topics were addressed by topical Working Groups)
Working Group reports