Energy Technology Cost and Performance Data
This chart indicates the range of recent capacity factor estimates for energy technologies. The dots indicate the average, and the vertical lines represent the range: Average + 1 standard deviation; and average - 1 standard deviation.
Use tabs above image to navigate.
Source: NREL (July 2010)
Data and Charts:
- Supporting Data for Energy Technology Costs (Excel 108 KB)
- Energy Technology Cost Charts Only (PowerPoint 404 KB)
- Reducing U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions: How Much at What Cost?, U.S. Greenhouse Gas Abatement Mapping Initiative Report Inputs, McKinsey, (2007).
- EERE Renewable Energy Data Book. (2008). Based on ASES, 20% Wind Report 2007, NREL ReEDS market analysis, 3-Tier assessment, GPRA reports, team analysis. September.
- Electricity Working Group. (2008). Changes to the AEO2009, August.
- Assumptions to the Annual Energy Outlook 2009. (2009). Table 8.2. DOE/EIA-0554.
- Tiered Carbon Impacts Analysis EERE, MARKAL Inputs (2008).
- GPRA Analysis 2009.
- "Levelized Cost of Energy Analysis." (2008). Presentation at NARUC, Lazard, June.
- Inputs to the 20% Wind Report. (2007). Black and Veatch market analysis.
- Cost and Performance Baseline for Fossil Energy Plants. (2007). Volume 1: Bituminous Coal and Natural Gas to Electricity - Final Report DOE/NETL-2007/1281, (Original, May; Revision 1, August)