NREL's high-performance buildings are sustainability models for the use of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies. Each building on NREL's South Table Mountain campus is designed to meet the Gold or Platinum standards of the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®) program. Find information about awards for NREL's exceptional buildings below.
Energy Systems Integration Facility
- 2014 R&D Magazine Laboratory of the Year Award
- 2014 R&D Magazine Editors' Choice Award for the HP Apollo 8000 System
- 2014 DOE Sustainability Award
- 2014 Finalist for Project Management Institute's Project of the Year Award
- 2013 LEED Platinum Award, U.S. Green Buildings Council
Find additional awards for the Energy Systems Integration Facility.
Research Support Facility
Science and Technology Facility
- 2009 ASHRAE Technology Award for Institutional Buildings, Second Place
- 2008 ASHRAE Technology Award for Institutional Buildings, First Place
- 2007 U.S. Green Buildings Council LEED Platinum Rating
Learn more about the Science and Technology Facility.
Integrated Biorefinery Research Facility
- 2011 U.S. Green Buildings Council Gold LEED Rating
Learn more about the Integrated Biorefinery Research Facility.
South Site Entrance Building
- 2013 U.S. Green Buildings Council Platinum LEED Rating
Learn more about the South Site Entrance Building.